Introduction to HTML5
Introduction to HTML5, I would like to explain each and every fact about HTML5. HTML stands for of “Hyper Text Markup Language” and 5 define is the number of versions.
Versions and Release Dates:
- The first version of HTML introduced in 1989 Which named is “Tim Berners-Lee”. Name select on the inventor name.
- In 1991 Tim Berners-Lee invented HTML
- In 1993 Dave Raggett drafted HTML+
- In 1995 HTML Working Group defined HTML 2.0
- In 1997 The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Recommendation: HTML 3.2
- In 1999 The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Recommendation: HTML 4.01
- In 2000 The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Recommendation: XHTML 1.0
- In 2008 The Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group (WHATWG) HTML5 First Public Draft
- In 2012 The Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group (WHATWG) HTML5 Living Standard
- In 2014 The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Recommendation: HTML5
- In 2016 The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Candidate Recommendation: HTML 5.1
In HTML 5 we Required two Components in Development Process:
The Main difference between notepad and Notepad++ is that Notepad didn’t show the line number but Notepad++ Displays the line number.This Feature is helpful finding and removing Error by using Line number Feature.
So Therefore I recommend you to work on Notepad++.
Problem With a Browser “Internet Explorer 8” :
You can use the solution described above for all new HTML5 elements.
However, Internet Explorer 8 (and earlier versions) does not allow styling of unknown elements Display on IE8
New HTML5 Elements
The most interesting new HTML5 elements are written below:
The New semantic elements are: like <footer>,<header>, <article> & <section>.
The New attributes of form elements are: like number, date, time, calendar & range.
The New graphic elements are: <svg> & <canvas>.
The New multimedia elements are: <audio> & <video>
New Features in HTML5 API (Application Programming Interfaces)
Introduction to HTML5 class the most interesting new API’s in HTML5 features are written below:
- New HTML Geolocation (Helpful for Storing Location by using Google Map)
- New HTML Drag and Drop
- New HTML Web Workers
- New HTML SSE
- New HTML Local Storage
- New HTML Application Cache
Removed Elements in HTML5
Introduction to HTML5 the following HTML version 4 means HTML4 elements have been removed in HTML5 for improvement:
|Removed Element From HTML4||Use Instead in HTML5|
|<strike>||CSS, <s>, or <del>|
The history of html5 starts in 1989 and the year 1991 to 1999, HTML developed the version 1 to version 4.
In year 2000,(W3C) recommended XHTML version 1.0. The XHTML syntax was strict and too complicated, and the developers were forced to write valid and “well-formed” code mean too difficult.
In the year 2004, W3C Recommended the close down the development of HTML, in favor of XHTML.
In the year 2004, The (Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group) was formed. The WHATWG wanted to develop HTML in a way of developer friendly, consistent with how the web was used while being backward compatible with older versions of HTML(Hyper Text Markup Language).
In the year 2004 to 2006, the (Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group) gained support by the major browser vendors.
In 2006, The World Wide Web Consortium announced that they would support Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group.
In the year 2008, the first HTML5 public draft was released.